Tuesday, April 5, 2011

14

Tuesday, April 5th, 11:30 - 3:00

Activity: Today I mainly focused on texturing and adding a few details here and there to make the factory look more complete. I also started to add lighting, though I may add some more once I start animating to see things better. I also put everything in place, so that I can start animating with no trouble. Some of my textures are just placeholders, however, and I plan on getting more detailed ones or add bump maps and such after I'm done animating.

Reflection: I played around with lighting a lot, since I wanted to have little lights on some motors and the robot's eyes but didn't want them to cast light everywhere. I found that using glowing textures helps a lot for such things. Lighting aside, I've definitely done enough to animate the core components, and if all goes well I should be able to add extra stuff afterwards.

File: Working Volume > Ben Potts > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpfactory45

No comments:

Post a Comment