Tuesday, March 1, 2011


Monday, February 28 9-11 PM

Activity: Today I worked solely on finishing my fly through animation up, which I was successful at. It went very well, and actually took less time than I thought it would. I also started rendering it, but when I checked this morning it hadn't gone well, so I will have to try rendering it again tonight.

Reflection: The only real issue I had with this, besides rendering issues, was the automatic interpolation making it impossible to make the camera stop. I ended up rereading about interpolation to figure out how to fix it, and once I did I didn't have many other problems. I ended up turning the default interpolation back on, however, as the camera's movements became really jerky. From this I've learned that the best thing to do is toggle interpolation based on the current needs, allowing complete halts when needed and also allowing very smooth curves and snap backs to make it feel a bit more natural. As for the rendering, I think it was mainly my clouds that screwed it up, since, for some reason, they've been causing me tons and tons of lag, despite not even being the biggest object. However, I think if I give it one more shot I should be good.

File: Working Volume > Ben Potts > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpflythrough228
        House > Documents > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpflythrough228

No comments:

Post a Comment