Thursday, March 24th
Activity: Today, I finished modeling my robot and all its various parts. I made heavy use of the magnet tool to distort spheres and make the right shapes for the robot, and also used booleans to make indents for where the different parts attach.
Reflection: Modeling the robot took about as much time as I expected, but I think modeling the factory itself will take more time than I initially thought. Also, I learned that it is very helpful to enable only one axis when using the magnet tool, else it skews in crazy directions. I still have to texture the robot, though with body paint, that will be far easier than I first thought it would. I also may add intents for the eyes of the robot, rather than just draw them on.
File: Working Volume > Ben Potts > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpfactory324