Thursday, March 31, 2011

12

Tuesday, March 31st

Activity: Today, I continued to model the factory. I focused on making the key components of the factory, and got the majority of them done. I did have some trouble making the claw, because it didn't bend how I wanted it to at first, and it took some playing around with to get it right. I still need to make the walls of the factory and maybe other background things in order to make it feel less empty.

Reflection: I should be able to finish modeling and texturing the factory and robot by tuesday and be ready for animating, though I may use some simple placeholder textures if it takes longer than I think. Since I don't have much left to make in the factory, finishing the modeling shouldn't take too long, especially since most of what I have left to model can easily be made of basic shapes. Putting everything together might be a bit more troublesome, since I'm not exactly sure where everything is in relation to each other, but I'll figure it out after I model everything. Texturing also shouldn't be too hard, minus the robot, since I'll need to explore the body paint tool.

Files: Working Volume > Ben Potts > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpfactory331
          House > Documents > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpfactory331

No comments:

Post a Comment