Monday, May 2, 2011


Monday, May 2nd 7:00 pm -2:00 am

Activity: I finished up all the 2D animation and the camera work for the 3D section, and tweaked some stuff with the models and textures. I also began importing the animated movies and adding them to the animation.

Reflection: However, I ran into a weird problem that I couldn't figure out how to fix. Whenever I uploaded one of my movies into Cinema4D, the framerate got cut and a lot of the frames were missing, making them play really fast. I animated all of them in flash at 30 frames per second, and the quicktime movies play perfectly fine with all the frames intact, so I have no idea what's happening. Other than that, the animations worked fine in the setting, but since they were playing so fast it screwed up the timing and made the whole thing way too fast. I tried to manually set the amount of frames and the framerate, but that just ended up either drawing out the last frame forever or making the whole thing really choppy, since the program apparently cut out the frames when I imported the .mov files. I tried reimporting them and tried multiple files, and each file had a different framerate, yet none of them were 30 frames per second, which they're all animated at. Since when I tried testing importing animations earlier in class and everything seemed to work fine, I'm really not sure what's going on or how to fix it. I played around with a few options but none of them worked, so I'm also not sure where the problem's even coming from.

Files: Various .mov and .fla files on my computer and in my 3D folder
          Working Volume > Ben Potts > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpfinal52
          House > Documents > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpfinal52

No comments:

Post a Comment