Wednesday, February 23, 2011

05

[Backblogging] Tuesday, February 22

Activity: Though I did not attend class today due to a stomach bug, I still tried to get some work done, and began working on the actual animation of my flythrough animation. I mostly focused on the flythrough of the tower's interior, using a flying creature/superhero as my camera personality. My goal is to make it the camera fly around each of the planets somehow, to give the illusion of space, and I managed to get it to fly around them, though not exactly how I wanted to. Once I'm feeling better, I will focus on completing the exterior and replace the placeholder textures on the planets and attempt an overnight rendering.

Outisde of my animation, I've also started to pay more attention to character models and animations in video games themselves, something I tended to overlook as I'm more interested in 2D animation rather than 3D animation. Most recently I've been playing fighting games, which have a huge number of detailed animations because of all the moves of the various characters. It's interesting to see all the details that go into each character, and how wildly different they're animated based on how they fight.

I've also been working on my Word Play idea, which I plan to use the words solid and liquid for. I'm thinking of making the solid melt to turn into liquid, and have been fleshing out the details in the story board. I've been reading the Moodle posts as well, so that I won't end up falling behind too much.

Reflection: Since I was home all weekend and because of my aformentioned stomach bug, I haven't been able to get much work done, but I'm very close to finishing so I should have this done in another day. Animating the camera isn't exactly hard, per se, though it's very finicky, causing me a bit of trouble in trying to make it avoid clipping through objects and curving the way I want it to. Other than that though, I think it worked pretty much how I wanted it to.

As for my word play, I'm not entirely sure how to pull it off, so I'll have to explore C4D more, though the Melt effective itself will most likely play a large roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment