Thursday, February 17, 2011

04

Thursday, February 17th

Activity: Today I continued work on my fly through project, which is my 2nd attempt. It's basically a really big tower in some clouds, inside of which is space and some planets, with the only way out looking like a sun. The camera starts inside the tower, and slowly makes its way around the planets until flying out of the tower, and then explores in confusion. I mainly worked on the textures and clouds today, fixed some of the lighting. and also oriented the camera's starting point and other miscellaneous things. I also learned how to render video, and did a short render test with my cave fly through.

Reflection: I like this idea a lot more than my other idea, which was just a tower in a bigger tower, since it feels like a much greater change between the interior and exterior. I'm not sure what the tower itself should look like yet, though, as I can't decide if it should be metal or stone. For now it's just a reflective gold color.  As for inside the tower, the space was actually a bit difficult to use as a texture. At first it was too bright and too obviously tiled, so I had to increase the number of tiles and made the texture only 50% visible, which made it very dark and far more space like, and also hid all the obvious seams between the tiles. All I need to do now is add some textures to the planets inside and add more clouds outside, and i can start animating.

File: Working Volume > Ben Potts > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpflythrough217
        House > Documents > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpflythrough217

No comments:

Post a Comment