Tuesday, February 8, 2011

03

Tuesday. February 8th

Activity: Today, I mainly learned about how to create and animate cameras, which so far I am only using to create two separate fly through animations. The first is from my completed cave allegory, which I plan to have first sweep by the three figures at the front of the big block and then fly through the fake city on top of the block. I first started with a demo file and made a quick little animation of a camera flying through the city, mainly just experimenting to see what was possible. After that, I started to begin the cave allegory animation.

I also learned how to render a file into a screenshot somewhere else, and then rendered three separate pictures of my cave allegory at different angles.

Reflection: Manipulating the camera is actually pretty easy, if a bit tedious and cumbersome. But it's interesting to see how it moves solely based on keyframes. Of course, this is also where the tedious part comes in when the camera does weird things like fly through solid objects, requiring some extra keyframes,  but it's not too bad. I think I'm good for my two fly through projects as well, though I'm still not sure how exactly to set up the tower one. But I'll probably be able to figure out after a little more planning.

File: Working Volume > Ben Potts > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpcaveallegory28, bpcaveallegoryflythrough
        House > Documents > 3D Animation > Exercises > bpcaveallegory28, bpcaveallegoryflythrough

No comments:

Post a Comment